Thursday 21 June 2012

Aviator shades 'cause she shine so bright...

Well haven't I been a busy bee recently, eh? I've had emotions running everywhere...literally..like when I went for a run the other day around the park (yeah, I'm still keeping up with it, impressive huh?) and it was like an emotional rollercoaster. I'm not the biggest an of rollercoasters at the best of times, so when I was tired, hot and aching, Nina didn't wanna go on the ride! But after a lot of perseverance- and my aunty encouraging me to get over the bloomin' hill- I made it all the way home, for a nice refreshing glass of pop. De-lish. 

Been doing my good deed for the day today...unfortunalely, someone nicked the lead off the church's roof..which is very selfish for many reasons, but now bascially, the parish have to raise £40,000 poudns to replace it...sad times :( But ALAS THERE IS A SOLUTION. (So this is where my deed of the day comes in...) There is a charity called 'Kids off the Street' and if we donate 100 bags of unwanted clothes, bags, bedding...you name it, they will pay £500!! So hopefully we can get loads and loads of bags. Me and my mum came up with 5 bags...but as Tesco says.. every little helps, yeah? I also had to depart with my prom dress. :( Yeahhhh it was a long time ago AND I don't fit in it anymore, but I have given it to the charity shop today, if I can't get any use out of it, I'd rather someone else..

In the news today:
Michael Gove, the Education Secretary that hardly anyone likes...including me, has proposed a new idea to the eduction system to the media (I know, another one? He doesn't do it often does he?...-_-) So for those who aren't aware of the change that he wants to the system or if you don't know what it means or whatnot.. Here is a quick summary for you all...hey; I might even learn something as well! - So O-Level's are bascially harder exams...yeah, because that's going to sink down well with teachers and students...as if they aren't hard enough already man :/
I personally don't see anything wrong with the way GCSE's are planned and delivered in the classroom. From my own experience and hearing about everyone else's, it seems to be working fine. Sure, you get people who say 'ooh they're easy now', 'you can cheat on the internet', 'everyone can get the same grade'. Well...and what? No, they aren't easy...something being easy is very subjective and is down to each individual so don't be so silly! No, you can't cheat as there is this little word with consequences and that's called 'plagiarism' and those studying currently or who have done their GCSE's will know this word like a best friend...you can't get anything through this system. And everyone can get the same grade? Not really...

If you do wanna read an article on it rather than my gobbledegook then say the magic words and go here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18529471

Take care and talk soon! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment